Thursday, October 28, 2010

It was a weekend like no other!

I have never had a huge, huge, huge crush and fond of any particular band-well not after Backstreet Boys anyway. But came 2007, and my world was rocked with M79. That wasn't their first single, but that song was the first one I heard-there was this awesome radio that played top of the top indie songs which I guess kind of turned my music genre, my eyes were finally opened! And call me backwards, but back then I knew nothing about MP3s downloading, so what I did was open up youtube and record the song with the voice recorder. Yup, that's right!
But it wasn't until the late 2008 that I really thought that I should put my mind into Vampire Weekend, and I loved everything about it. Their first album was beyond incredible, from Mansard Roof to Kids Don't Stand a Chance. I loved the music videos, especially A Punk, and it's pronounced ay punk rather than just a punk, at least that's how Ezra always says it.
2 years later, the most anticipated album arrived. So I had to get it, right? And by the time it was released, I was in Seattle so there was no reason for me not to get one. And I loved it very much! From Horchata to I Think Ur A Contra.  I was so happy about Horchata, I showed it to a friend of mine and she said "that guy sings weird" whatever bitch, you're weird!
Up until August 2010, never in my wildest dream did I think about seeing the guys live. All I could think about was maybe if I was in US, I could catch some music festivals, but it was closer to impossible than to likely to happen. But Vampire Weekend said that I didn't have to spend all the money for the flights, for the festival tickets, and for the impossible-to-spare-time. Instead they said "I'll come to you, and forget about those dreams, because they're coming true!" Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! And I said to myself, no matter what, I'm gonna be there! And seriously, that "no matter what, I'm gonna be there" actually happened to me. The guys were scheduled to perform on Sunday, and three days before which was Thursday, I had an accident. I fell over, and kinda cracked my foot bone. But I still must go!
So I did anyway, and I stayed at my uncle and auntie's house for two days. And had a blast, and one rocking weekend!







Too bad I didn't get a shot of C.T.




No comments:

Post a Comment